Friday, March 7, 2008

Review: The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray





I picked up A Great and Terrible Beauty when it first came out. I read the first chapter, didn't like Gemma much, and put the book down. But the title kept I really liked these stories, so I finally gave in. And after the bratty!Gemma first chapter, I was pulled into the setting immediately, fell in love with certain characters, related well with others, and was very frightened at times.

Wonderful YA Gothic fantasy!

Rebel Angels was by far my favorite. The Sweet Far Thing could have -- and probably should have -- been a lot tighter, as far as the plot goes. I wasn't happy with the resolutions of many of the storylines, either, but that won't stop me from

A) seeing the films
B) reading the series again
or
C) really enjoying the story.

No comments: