Monday, December 31, 2007

Review: The Chronicles of Narnia Series by C.S. Lewis


I hadn't read these since I was, oh, eleven? Maybe younger? So I tackled them again, and flew through 'em.

I love how Jack (Lewis) can write something as whoa as Mere Christianity, then something as huh as The Screwtape Letters and also write something as yeah! as the Chronicles. Let's not forget the mm-hmm of Out of the Silent Planet and...

Well, yeah. You get the point.

Still love these books. I remembered loving The Last Battle the best, but Voyage had the Very Best Opening Ever (TM):

"There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it..."

Magician's Nephew is still Very Cool, but I think I might like The Horse and His Boy the most. Oh, and The Silver Chair can still creep me out.

No comments: