Sunday, March 8, 2009

Too Tall Alice by Barbara Worton

"Hi, I'm Alice. I'm eight years old, and I have something to say. It's not easy to be tall. I know. I'm four inches taller than any of the other girls in my class. And then, I have a friend who's kind of short, and she's not too happy about that either. So, I guess it's just not easy being different. But I think it's okay to be different . to be you! What's different, anyway? Boy, I wish I knew."

Maybe you're not too tall, but maybe you think you'retoo short or too fat or too skinny. Maybe you think your ears or your nose are too big. But I'm here to tell you that it's all going to be okay because I learned to see me, the real me. And now I know I can be anything I want to be, because I'm okay."

Here's what 4th grade teacher Linda Balaban has to say about the book: "Too Tall Alice is delightfully entertaining with a message that young children will understand and appreciate. It is a refreshing portrayal of one's uniqueness that allows children to beproud of their own distinctive characteristics. An appreciation for one's self can result in an acceptance of the individuality of others, which is the heart of the story."

About the book:
Too
Tall Alice
by Barbara Worton
ISBN: 978-0979066115
Publisher: Great Little Books
Date of publish: March 15, 2009
Pages: 32
S.R.P.: $15.95

No comments: